Our members are both experienced iNEDs who have many years’ experience of operating at Board level, as well as those seeking their first roles. We represent the views of iNEDs, keep them up to date with training and offer high-level networking opportunities, amongst many other things. We help equip our members to perform their roles properly, while minimising personal risk.
Gaining a first appointment is often the most difficult step for aspirant iNEDs. To assist with this, we help high caliber executives who are looking for their first iNED roles. We do so on a selective basis in the following ways:
- Our one-to-one mentoring service
- Exclusive introductions to firms searching for specific candidates
- Providing the tools needed to effectively operate as an iNED, such as initial due diligence upon appointment, risk management frameworks, ethics help, D&O gap cover, legal assistance etc.
- From Q2 2019, our Post Graduate level modular training courses will provide tailored solutions to our members
- Our leadership have direct involvement in the structure and content of all our training courses in order to ensure it is cutting edge and specifically geared towards the evolving risks that affect both iNEDs and the companies they operate within.
The Association is governed by an Executive Board comprised of experienced directors with extensive Executive and Non-Executive experience. The Founding Chairman is Gary Dixon who has over 30 years Executive, and over 15 years Non-Executive, experience across many companies, primarily within Financial Services.
Becoming an iNED can be a difficult process. A number of organisations exist purely to sell services to aspiring iNEDs. To spot the warning signs and to avoid firms that may place their personal profits above your needs, please click here for guidance on the questions you should ask. Remember, the Association iNED is constituted as a not for profit body.